How to take care of oiled floors?
Maintaining and care of wooden floors is an investment. Surfaces that have been treated with Synteko floor oils are easy to keep clean. Regular maintenance will restore your floor’s lustre and keep it looking beautiful for a very long time. Synteko offers a complete range of maintenance products for both finished and oiled floors.
USING THE FLOOR:
- The floor can be used between 1-2 days after the last polish.
- Do not wet a floor that has been treated with Synteko floor oils during the first week after application to avoid white spotting (water marks).
- Wait for three days before laying rugs or carpets.
- Do not use vapour-proof, non-skid underlays or other coverings.
- Attach felt pads to the legs of chairs and tables in order to avoid scratching the surface.
- Vacuum or dry-mop floors with Synteko SOAP regularly.
Synteko SOAP for daily cleaning
Vacuum cleaning and, if necessary, mopping with Synteko SOAP solution and a well-wrung cloth is normallt sufficient for regular cleaning, but no soner than one week after oil treatment. Floors may be washed with a 1:20 dilution of Synteko SOAP in lukewarm water, using a well wrung cloth.
A maintenance oil Synteko RE-COVER
For the periodic maintenance of floors that have been treated with Synteko oils use Synteko RE-COVER. Be sure to begin regular maintenance before you wear through to the bare wood. You can also use RE-COVER for local repair work. How often you use it will depend on the amount of traffic and how often the floor is cleaned:
- normally every other year for residential areas
- approx. 2-4 times a year for commercial areas
Clean the floor with a Synteko REMOVER solution. Make sure the floor is completely dry before applying Synteko RE-COVER. Apply it thinly with a rubber spatula, floor cloth or similar. Allow the floor to absorb the RE-COVER for 10–15 minutes before applying it again (if necessary). Let the surface dry for 20 minutes and polish the floor with a clean, dry, non-flocculent floor cloth. The floor may be used after 2–4 hours.
Synteko REMOVER for special treatment
Marks from rubber heels, shoe polish, lipstick, ink, etc. should be removed immediately with Synteko REMOVER or with mineral spirits. Avoid scrubbing with coarse brush and do not use strong detergents. Vacuum or mop the floor to remove any dirt. Prepare Synteko REMOVER as follows:
- For normal cleaning, ½ – 1 part Synteko REMOVER to 100 parts water
- For heavy cleaning, 2–3 parts Synteko REMOVER to 100 parts water
Soak a cloth in the mixture; do not pour it directly onto the floor. Wet mop, let the mixture act for a few minutes and then dry mop. Further cleaning with 1 part vinegar to 9 parts water is recommended if sanding and recoating is to be done. The floor must be completely dry before screening and recoating.
NB! Detailed information and instructions are provided on the Product Information sheet and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). This only presents a selection of important information.